[wplug] [wplug-announce] Upcoming GUM - Sept. 7, 2002

Zach Paine zman at wplug.org
Sun Sep 1 12:34:12 EDT 2002

Word up!

This coming Saturday, September 7th 2002, the Western Pennsylvania Linux
Users Group will be hosting a General Users Meeting in Carnegie Mellon
University's Newel-Simon Hall, room 1507 from 10am until 2pm.  Wow, what
a sentence.  The topic of this month's presentation is Real Time Linux,
and it will be presented by Darin Ingimarson.  Here is the description
as described by Darin:

"The talk will deal with implementing real-time applications
using Linux-based platforms. I will discuss the RTLinux
system in-depth and provide a brief programming example.

I may or may not be able to bring a demo system, as my spare
time in the next week and equipment availability at my
company dictates."

The talk will begin at 11, so please try to arrive before then.
Immediately following the presentation, there will be a question and
answer session with Darin, and geekiness will ensue.

There will most likely also be ample time for general questions and
discussions amongst the attendees, so come armed with questions (or
answers as the case may be).

There are directions and maps on the left hand side of the wplug
homepage: http://www.wplug.org.

See you all there!
Zach Paine
WPLUG Vice-Chair