[wplug] Second round of questions from newbie...

Anna McCullough amccullg at bellatlantic.net
Mon Oct 28 01:15:15 EST 2002

Thanks for the info, though I'm not quite as concerned about font appearance
onscreen as much as I am for how well Linux actually PRINTS these typefaces. Of
course I want to be able to view all my typefaces in their proper glory, but as
someone who does frequent DTP jobs I also need them to show up on paper the way
they should, too :)

How about Type 1/Adobe fonts? I've read somewhere that Linux wants you to have
all four font files - .afm, .inf, .pfb and .pfm - for each font, but the vast
majority of my Type 1 library only uses the latter two (no .afm or .inf files).
Does that suggest a problem?

Thanks again (I printed the Register pages and am keeping them for reference)!!

Cheers,
Anna