[wplug] The price of connection - dsl modems

Don Shepherd (US-Pittsburgh) DONALD.SHEPHERD at oracle.com
Wed Oct 23 16:43:11 EDT 2002

I use a cable modem, rather than DSL.  My provider is Adelphia.  No problems with Linux. (or Windoze) I have a Linksys switch/firewall between the cable modem and my home network.  It works fine with RedHat and SuSE.

I don't do anything exotic, just email, web browsing and downloading software.

I rent their modem for $5/month.  I can buy their modem for $100 and eliminate the $5./month charge.
Total monthly charge is $45.  Performance is great.