[wplug] Second round of questions from newbie...

bgtrio at yahoo.com bgtrio at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 21 23:14:52 EDT 2002

I think you'll be happy if you try redhat 8.0.  I'd be happy to give you
my set of downloaded cd's if you'd like to just try it out, but I'm
sure redhat would appreciate the business if you're looking to help out a
free software company.

Anyway, Redhat has fantastic hardware detection, and between the new
configuration menus and the very slick user interface I think it would
make a great starting point for a desktop user.

They've made some simplifying moves in their desktop layout, whether you
choose KDE or Gnome, the office suite is OpenOffice.org, the browser is
Mozilla, etc.

The only thing I'd say is that if you have less than 128M of ram, I'd try
redhat 7.3 or another distro instead, I've found that the newest Redhat
is designed to not only take advantage of modern hardware, but to
practically demand it.  But if you've got it, it gets put to good use.

Bryguy