[wplug] Second round of questions from newbie...

Anna McCullough amccullg at bellatlantic.net
Mon Oct 21 22:49:20 EDT 2002

From: Rafael E. Herrera <raffo at neuronet.pitt.edu>
To: <wplug at wplug.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 19, 2002 10:19 AM
Subject: Re: [wplug] Second round of questions from newbie...

> We've stuck with Suse. Never had major problems with it. Their
> development suite, compilers, libs, etc. are reliable and well done.
> We use it as NFS server, NIS server, DNS, desktop, devlopment, CVS
> server, personal firewall, etc. Will use it for mail, MySQL server

Well, that's just it - I won't be using it as a server, just as a desktop (I
don't run a business, I just want to get my feet wet).

I've never even SEEN a "live" Linux screen, so I have *zero* experience to fall
back on as far as that goes. In that light I may be purchasing the Mandrake
package to try out. I'd download these things but I'm on a 56k dial-up and
reeeally don't wanna go for an 18-hour marathon :)

Thanks!
Anna McCullough