[wplug] XDMCP and Kitchen Terminals

Evan DiBiase evand at wplug.org
Mon Oct 7 16:45:00 EDT 2002

Ed,

On Monday, October 7, 2002, at 12:36  PM, Edward C. Smith wrote:

> What display manager are you using. Each one (xdm, kdm and gdm) is
> configured a bit differently. I use KDM and I've found several spots
> where you have to reconfigure it.
>
> I can check my notes later on, but you'd be better off to check the
> kde and xdm docs for redhat. Check /etc/X11/xdm/ for the kdmrc file
> and cdm-config file. I know that both of those need updated to allow
> XDMCP to work.

Thanks for the reply, but it seems like RH 8.0 is a bit broken in this
regard; other identically configured distributions (darwinports
XFree86, Debian 3.0) can reach the RH8 XDMCP/GDM server just fine, but
RH8 itself can't seem to.

Totally weird, but something that's to be expected in a RedHat 8.0
release ;-)

-Evan