[wplug] Old Computer Available

Scott Boyd seb980+ at pitt.edu
Wed Oct 2 14:25:20 EDT 2002

I sent a message to this Board back on 5 August 2002 about my old
Pentium II computer.  Here is my original message:

"I have an older Pentium II 90MHz machine available for free, if you are
able
to pick it up from my home.  I understand you take older machines,
refurbish
them, and then provide them to organizations/individuals in Mexico.  If
my
machine will be useful for you, you are welcome to have it.

The machine was distributed by Comtrade, includes a CD-ROM, 3.5" and
5.25"
floppy drives, a 15" monitor, two keyboards (one regular and one with
built-in ALPS touch-pad), and a NEC laser printer.  When I originally
purchased this equipment back in 1995, I paid over $4,000 for the
computer
and printer.  Of course, now it is nearly worthless.  It has been in the
original boxes since I last shut it down over three years ago.  I cannot
vouch for its current working condition, but it did work fine when I
boxed
it up.

I live in Murrysville and will provide exact directions if you are
interested.  If not, it is going to the trash -- we are doing some
serious
house cleaning.  I hope this works for you.  Thank you."

Initially, Mr. Doug Green contacted me and stated he would take the
computer.  Unfortunately, we were never able to work a time for him to
come by my home and get it.  I have not heard from him in some time now,
so I assume he has lost interest.  Therefore, I wanted to open it back
up to anyone else that wants it (I hate throwing away so many boxes of
electronics that could be used by someone else).  If you want it, I'll
take first-come, first-served.  Again, you will need to pick up the
items at my home in Murrysville.  Please contact me at
rottnsox at earthlink.net if you are interested.  Thank you.

Scott Boyd