[wplug] word processor suggestions?

Carmelo Edwrd Piccione cep at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Nov 20 20:39:53 EST 2002

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, jd wrote:

> I am running mandrake 9.0 and am having problems with both KWord and Open
> Office 1.0, the two word processors included with 9.0.  When I try to spell
> check with KWord, it tells me the spell checker is not properly configured
> in the PATH.  anyone know how to fix this?  Open office works prett well,
> but the spell check tool doesn't work at all.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to fix these problems, or suggest a better word
> processor to try?

as for openoffice, I suggest downloading/installing the new version.

If you want to try some other word processors, I'd say abiword is pretty
solid (don't think it has a good or existent .doc converter though...)
url: http://www.abisource.org

Although it looks ugly, wordperfect is also good alternative. Has a great
.doc ex/importer, spell checker certainly will work too :)
url: www.corel.com

The whole spell check problem sounds like you may be missing some sort of
critical library required for both applications. If you go to rpmfind.net
and search for mandrake packages with "spell" in them, you may run across
something useful.

PS: anyone know how to write a malloc package?? stupid CS courses....

Carm