[wplug] Keyboard-friendly Window Managers?

J Aaron Farr jaaronfarr at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 14 14:19:57 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 12:55, Robert Dale wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I'm looking for a window manager that I can get around using only a keyboard.
>
> Specifically, I would like these capabilities:
>
> - access the window manager's desktop menu and start applications
>
> - cycle through open windows
>
> - shade windows (roll-up the window into the title bar)
>
> - remembers window placement
>
> - "smart" placement of new windows (opens in an area with the most available
>    space)
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks.

You might want to check out ION, a minimalist WM that has keyboard
bindings:

http://modeemi.cs.tut.fi/~tuomov/ion/

(ion looks really nice, I've been meaning to try it out)

If you really want to "kill the rodent" check out Ratpoison:

http://ratpoison.sourceforge.net/

--
  jaaron    <jaaronfarr at yahoo.com>