[wplug] posters?

harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu
Fri Jun 28 13:23:57 EDT 2002

Sometime in June Douglas Green assaulted keyboard and produced...

|Hi all-
|Does anyone know of a decent application which allows for large format
|layout (ie: poster size)? I have used LaTeX  a bit, and I'm sure I could
|specify a big pagesize with the appropriate document class, but the
|thought of trying to make a poster with it gives me nightmares. Any
|suggestions are welcome. Thanks,
|Doug

i remember asking a similar question. the best i can point you to is this:

http://andreas.welcomes-you.com/projects/a0poster/

while i havent used it personally, i think it looks really promising.
especially so for me since the stuff i do requires a lot of equations. if
you want some help getting it to work i can lend you a hand. i just havent
had the need for it yet.

--
john harrold               | If I were a carpenter I'd
                           | Hammer on my piglet, I'd
/"\                        | Collect the seven dollars and I'd
\ / ASCII ribbon campaign  | Buy a big prosthetic forehead
 X  against HTML mail      | And wear it on my real head -tmbg
/ \                        | jmh17 at pitt.edu