[wplug] Re: wplug digest, Vol 1 #517 - 7 msgs

Mark Dalrymple wplug at badgertronics.com
Tue Jul 30 17:22:47 EDT 2002

> I'm asking for recommendations to a quality TCP\IP book[s].  One such
> book highly recommended to me is "The Protocols (TCP/IP Illustrated,
> Volume 1) by W. Richard Stevens."

Any book by the (late :'-( )  W. Richard Stevens is good.

If you're looking for "here's how TCP/IP works under the hood", that book
should do the trick.  If you're looking for "here how you use the networking
APIs", look at his "Unix Network Programming" books.

Cheers,
++Mark Dalrymple,  markd at badgertronics.com
  "yeah. refillmyglass. he's a big greaser. he hammed the loafgrease
   into shapes.app."
     -- rzolf