[wplug] Tutorial and Recompile Question

Nate Sharadin nps5+ at pitt.edu
Fri Jul 19 13:04:58 EDT 2002

As per your last question
> Finally: a question.  I recently replaced an Intel Pentium 133 MHz chip
> in a
> fileserver with an AMD K-6 500 MHz chip.  The fileserver, which had been
> running flawlessly 24x7 for over a year, is now locking up.  Should I
> recompile the kernel or maybe re-install the distribution (SuSE 7.2)?

You should do one of the above. Whichever is your preference, really. If
you don't want the hassle of re-installing just re-compile. If you want
to start fresh and maybe add some more advanced modules into the kernel
I'd suggest re-installing. Out of curiousity-- is your 7.2 CD a 7 CD Set
or a DVD. I have the bootable DVD of 7.1 and I by-god love it.