[wplug] Stuff at Pitt

Chris vze2f6h6 at verizon.net
Thu Jan 31 11:42:20 EST 2002

I worked in the labs for 1 1/2 years.  Pitt has an agreement with MS to give
away the software.  Pitt "pays" for the CDs and can burn as many as they
want.  As for the Linux machines in the Masonic temple, they are RH machines
with Flat Screens.  They are pretty nice but I think that they are lacking
some software.  I feel that they should have put StarOffice on it.  The only
word process that I saw was gedit.  It's definitly better then the Sun
machines that they have setup, well at least for the average students.  I
never really thought about seeing if Pitt will hand out linux.  I could talk
to one of the Head people in CSSD and see what he says.  Oh yeah, You can
get them anytime, but you can only get one copy.

Chris