[wplug] correct your email address

GNU Mailman mailman at wplug.org
Thu Jan 17 13:21:18 EST 2002

I have noticed an increase in the number of emails that are being held for
approval. Often, the reason for the messages being held is because of
slight differences in the email on the list and the sending email address.
A big example of this is Pitt and CMU accounts. Their formal email address
is foo+ at pitt.edu and often people subscribe as just foo at pitt.edu.

The solution to this is to go this page
And subscribe both addresses, then, return to the page, put one of the
email addresses at the bottom and click 'Edit Options'. On the next page,
there will be an option to 'Disable mail delivery'. Do that for all but
one of your email addresses, and you will be able to post from many, and
only receive at one address.

>From now on, I will only be approving 1 maybe 2 messages that get held for
approval. The rest will be bounced with a note asking you to correct your
subscription.

If you have any problems or questions. email mailman at wplug.org

-james