[wplug] Nameserver firewall rules

Dave Neuer mr_fred_smoothie at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 17 15:06:17 EST 2002

Well, for one thing you need to have all of the
various neccessary ICMP packets allowed through
(source-quelch, destination-unreachable,
administratively-prohibited, yada yada -- there should
be a list of them somewhere online). These are
neccessary to make routing work correctly.

But most imporantly, it looks like you're not
forwarding any packets at all through your firewall:
your FORWARD policy is ACCEPT, but you're DROPPING all
packets from anywhere to anywhere; not a very
effective firewall unless you're REALLY paranoid, in
which case you are at least also VERY safe ;-)

Dave