[wplug] wireless pci card in linux, luck anyone?

Beth Lynn bluekanary at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 16 15:57:14 EST 2002

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck
with wireless pci linux cards since I am looking
to purchase one.

This is what specifically I'm looking for
* 802.11b
* PCI (not usb or pcmcia)
* something that the vendor will back it's claims
of working in Linux
* something I can purchase new from a reputable
online or local vendor (I am disinterested in buying
something from a yo-yo on ebay)

This is what my trails of online research have lead
me to believe ...
* The PCI Cisco Aironet 350 card works in linux
however I have not been able to find it for sale
anywhere. Perhaps a discontinued product?
* Siemens SpeedStream Wireless 802.11b PCI Adapter
works sometimes in linux, however the vendor does
not support it.
* Both cards are pci cards with a small pcmcia sized
card that plugs into it.

It has been most disappointing in my search that
few vendors dare to claim their hardware works in
linux.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks Alot!

Beth Lynn