[wplug] Re: Fatal Error During Installation! Any Ideas?

J Aaron Farr jaaron_farr at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 18 12:44:58 EDT 2001

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

The installation is taking place on a single drive that is partitioned for
both Windows and Linux.

I think it's become obvious that it's a hardware problem.  Usually the
installation fails when the installer tries to actually write to the disk.
That made me think it was the hard drive, but the error message makes me
think it's the RAM.  I don't know both my be bad.  I'm going to try to run
some diagnostics on it.  I can at least get a DOS prompt to access my
windows files and I can transfer the critical ones to floppy that way.

If anyone else has any suggestions to pinpoint what the probable cause is,
let me know.  Thanks again.

jaaron