[wplug] Building/Buying a Quieter Machine

Brad Hoover b_hoovs at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 14:10:39 EDT 2001

Hello Friends,

Before I begin this e-mail, I just want to extend my
sympathies to anyone who had loved ones in New York.
The world is indeed a nasty place sometimes.

I was kind of curious if anyone had experimented on
making a quiet running machine.  My current linux
machine makes too much noise.  Between the fan and the
hard drive, it can be quiet distracting.  Particularly
since it's in my bedroom and I leave it on all of the
time.  Does anyone have any suggestions in reducing PC
related noise pollution?  Has anyone seen a PC that is
marketed to consumers as being quiet? (The only one I
have seen is the Apple Cube, and they seem to have
discontinued it.)

Thanks,

Brad