[wplug] Subject: please respect the facilities

Beth Lynn bluekanary at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 11:34:40 EDT 2001

Hello,

At the installfest last weekend someone left a cart
outside by
the 3rd floor entrance of Newell Simon. This is not
good because
it could have been stolen before we could find it.

The use of the carts is not a right but a privilege.
This incident
has made me re-think as to whether or not we should
let those who
come to meetings use the carts.

For one thing the carts are not my property or the
lug's property.
They belong to CMU. It is very important that we
respect CMU's
property. CMU has been so generous to let us use a
room on Saturdays
with internet connection, movie screen, and free
parking. Access
to all of this is a privilege with the condition that
we behave in
a reasonable manner.

Do you ever stop and think, "Why is WPLUG free?"
Other computer clubs in the Pittsburgh area have
either membership
dues or admission charges or both (PACC and Web Grrrls
come to
mind.) Respecting CMU property so that we can stay
here for free
is part of this.

So Therefore....

We will have carts only if a CMU employee escorts you
to your car...
OR
No carts at all.

Thanks,