[wplug] Netgear driver

Zach Paine zman at wplug.org
Mon Sep 10 22:04:49 EDT 2001

On Monday 10 September 2001 09:55, you wrote:
> I can not get my FA311 Fast Ethernet PCI Card driver to work with Linux.
>
> BA DSL will get nasty if I change Ethernet Cards.
>
> Can anybody help me?

I helped James install linux at the installfest and the network card acted
very odd.  It was supported by the kernel (b. sammon knows which kernel it
was), but as soon as the interface was brought up, and 1 packet was sent out,
the interface would die.  /var/log/messages was full of lines saying "eth0:
Something wicked happened!" or something to that effect.  Perhaps a newer
driver would be the answer.

--
Zach Paine

For info on getting my PGP/GPG public key see:
http://www.wplug.org/~zman/key.htm