[wplug] Cell phone modems for laptops.

Michael P. O'Connor mpop at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Sep 4 18:00:23 EDT 2001

I have a Question about cell phone modems for use with laptops but first
some expostion.

I have a Qualcomm 2750 cell phone
I have a laptop with Redhat 7.1

I read on the net that the phone itself has the modem built into the
phone and all I need is a [overpriced] data cable.

I read on the linux-on-dell-laptop mailing list that it should just work
with standard AT commands, but the person saying this admited that he is
talking about his experiance with a moterrola phone.

the cable is [at the cheapest] $31 plus shipping.

So my question is has any one ever tryed &&/|| gotten it to work,

Thanks in advance.