[wplug] More postfix fixes

Michael Procario procario at ix.netcom.com
Tue Sep 4 22:37:31 EDT 2001

I wrote last week that I had postfix sending mail to my ISP's server
successfully. This week I was working on getting fetchmail working
since I have two pop3 accounts. fetchmail uses the local smtp server
to deliver the mail locally. Today it downloaded the mail and then
sent it all back to my ISP.

The fix was to use a sender_canonical_map instead of a
canocical_map. Now all out-going mail from me shows my ISP email
address, but mail sent to me locally stays on the sytem and is
delivered to me.

Next step is get procmail to sort my mailing lists.  I used procmail
heavily when I had a linux machine at work.  Too bad I now live out of
town. All of this might make a nice GUM talk.

I have to use Outlook at work. I found an O'Reilly  book at Border's
called Outlook Annoyances. The first chapter is a horror beyond
anything I have had to deal with. I cannot beleive the author would
continue to use Outlook after that.

Mike