[wplug] Using cdrecord

Michael Procario procario at ix.netcom.com
Tue Oct 23 22:12:10 EDT 2001

I use my CD writer for backup. It is not optimum but it works. I have
used xcdroast to do it but it is labor intensive. I am trying to write
a script to it. I have used mkisofs to make the image of what I
want to back up. I have mounted the image that I made using loopback
and it looks good.

I now want to burn the cd using cdrecord which I believe is what
actually does the work for xcdroast. I followed the CD writing HOWTO.

I used cdrecord -scanbus to find my writer it was dev=1,1,0.

I then tried

cdrecord -v speed=4 dev=1,1,0  -data  backup.iso

cdrecord claims to working and the cd writer activity light
flashes. I have a 8x/4x/12x SONY CD writer.

When it is done I try to read the disk and I get an I/O error. It does
not automount nor can I mount it by hand.

I was able to use xcdroast to burn the image that I made myself.

Any suggestions.

Mike