[wplug] Debian questions

David G Matthews dgm4+ at pitt.edu
Sun May 6 21:12:32 EDT 2001

I'm thinking about possibly switching to Debian,because it sounds pretty
cool.  However, I just wanted to get some
thing straight before I do so.  So for all you Debian types out there,
I've got a few questions:
1.  Is it possible to use ReiserFS with Debian (even unstable)?  I like
Reiser and wouldn't want to give it up.
2.  How well does the "alien" script (to convert RPM's to DEB's) work?  A
few of the packages I use are mostly distributed as RPM's, and I haven't
been able to track down deb's for them.
3.  How hard is it to use a 2.4.x kernel and X4.x?
4.  How multimedia friendly is it.  (This one's really important for me,
since I use my box mostly for audio.  I can't use a distro that's more
aimed towards servers.)
Thanks,
dgm