[wplug] debian stuff

Beth Skwarecki skwareea at screech.cs.alfred.edu
Sat May 5 19:23:10 EDT 2001

> the latest stable (potato 2.2r3 i believe) and just apt get the things i
> want out of the unstable port. or do i need to install the unstable port
> completely?

right - just change "stable" to "unstable" in the appropriate line(s) of
your /etc/apt/sources.list

> Unstable is very stable for me.  I've never run stable and I've rarely had
> a serious problem.

There's also testing, which is sort of halfway. If a package stays in
unstable for (I think) two weeks with no major problems, it's moved to
testing. I run testing - you get the new stuff but not the buggy stuff. I
haven't found it to be necessary to get the absolute newest stuff for all
your programs, and if there's something newer you want (like when I got a
newer Gabber earlier this week) I just change my sources.list, update,
apt-get it, then change it back and update again. (update != upgrade)

--
Beth Skwarecki
http://playground.alfred.edu/~bethnewt/