[wplug] Linux is finally my primary OS (fingers X'ed)

David Tessitor dttessitor at home.com
Wed May 2 10:05:14 EDT 2001

With this email, I have successfully strattled the last hurdle holding
up the final transformation of my Linux installation from an occassional
play toy to dedicated work tool.  Up to this point, I have been using an
involved email arrangement that was setup for a number of pop3 accounts
under NT.  I have now satisfied myself that Mozilla 0.8 under Mandrake
7.2 is adequately set up to use as my primary email application (I just
need to migrate some remaining old files, which I can do a little at a
time in the next few weeks).

I have had most of my Windows programs installed under Win4Lin for a few
weeks without any unbearable problems, so I'm anticipating I should
rarely, if ever, need to bring up NT from now on.  There are still a few
little bugs (such as problems accessing the floppy more than once
through Win4Lin), but I can live with them for the time being as I look
forward to using a number of Linux based applications on a more regular
basis.

Now that I feel relatively confident in using my Linux installation for
everything all the time, I guess it is officially my primary OS.  Gee,
and it only took me two years to get here!

Dave