[wplug] mandrake 8.0

David Tessitor dttessitor at home.com
Wed May 2 11:37:37 EDT 2001

Mandrake took PSU's listing off shortly after Mdk 8.0 came out.  It was
the only US mirror listed at that point and they were rather inundated
(it took me a good bit to get on).  However, it is still available.
Their URL is <ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu>.  It has a limit of 25 non-PSU
users daytime and 50 during off hours.  They also are accessible using
"http:" instead of "ftp:"; user limits are the same but it tends to be
less crowded; "rsync:" can also be used and its user limits are half the
others.

University of Michigan, <ftp://bigfoot.eecs.umich.edu>, is an official
Mandrake update site and I believe has Mdk8 now.  It's usually quite
fast too, but PSU is faster (around 400 Kbytes/sec when I downloaded).

If anybody wants a copy, I might be able to burn some for the GUM.  I
have a slow burner (2x max), so if nothing else, I'll have my copy there
should somebody have a computer with a fast burner.  (Both iso files
were checked against the md5 and both of the burned disks were verified
against the iso's, so they should be good).

Dave
========