[wplug] Window Managers, Desktop Environments ect.

Smith, Edward ESmith at Interactive-media.com
Thu Mar 15 09:39:40 EST 2001

Well on my desktop (K6-2 350) I run WindowMaker. I have in the past run both
KDE and Gnome, but just have no need for the extra features. Although it is
nice that under RH7 when you add an RPM it will add the program to your
Gnome menu automagiacally.

On my laptop (486-50 8Meg) I run IceWM and occasionally BlackBox. IceWM just
seems to be a small WM with a "start menu" type interface. I mainly only use
it to connect to IRC or to do some remote work from another room. It's a
little too slow to do any real work (with X running).

-Ed

--
Edward C. Smith
Multimedia Programmer