[wplug] Promise Fast Trak 100 TX2.

Frank Carmickle frankiec at unforgettable.com
Fri Jun 22 06:56:26 EDT 2001

Hi Bryce

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Bryce Lynch wrote:

> Greetingage..
>
> I have recently come across a Promise Fast Trak 100 TX2 IDE RAID card, and
> I have been messing around with it for a couple of days now, unfortunately
> to no avail.  I downgraded my system's kernel to v2.2.16 to attempt the
> binary drivers supplied by Promise, but they do not seem to work (the most
> I get is a nonfatal kernel panic, though /proc/interrupts shows IRQ 9 as
> the fasttrak card, and addresses do appear in /proc/ioports).  I am in the
> process of trying to coax the v2.4.5 kernel into playing nicely with it,
> but it is slow going so far.  The native pdc202xx drivers in the 2.4.5
> kernel appear to bulid without a hitch, but they do not seem to even
> register at boottime.  Has anyone else attempted to get one of these
> working?

If you want to use the softraid that the fasttrack uses you will need to
patch 2.4.5 with ac9 or later and enable fasttrack softraid support.  If
you want to use it with out the raid configuration I believe that you can
disable the raid functions and then just use the standard pdc option.
Also make sure that if you want to boot from it that you use the boot
offboard chipsets first option.  You can do this at compile time or with
kernel boot parameters.

THT

--
     Frank Carmickle