[wplug] Promise Fast Trak 100 TX2.

Bryce Lynch bryce at telerama.lm.com
Thu Jun 21 15:12:37 EDT 2001

Greetingage..

I have recently come across a Promise Fast Trak 100 TX2 IDE RAID card, and
I have been messing around with it for a couple of days now, unfortunately
to no avail.  I downgraded my system's kernel to v2.2.16 to attempt the
binary drivers supplied by Promise, but they do not seem to work (the most
I get is a nonfatal kernel panic, though /proc/interrupts shows IRQ 9 as
the fasttrak card, and addresses do appear in /proc/ioports).  I am in the
process of trying to coax the v2.4.5 kernel into playing nicely with it,
but it is slow going so far.  The native pdc202xx drivers in the 2.4.5
kernel appear to bulid without a hitch, but they do not seem to even
register at boottime.  Has anyone else attempted to get one of these
working?

-><-   Doctor Who -- KSV bani PLI -- finger for PGP/GnuPG public keys  -><-
I parked my hard disk and now I can't find it!