[wplug] Local Linux Hosting: Good, Bad & Ugly.

Josue Batista josue_batista at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 13:58:36 EDT 2001

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for ideas and experiences you all may have
had implementing a production Linux server.  Our
consulting firm is finishing a PHP/mySQL/Apache
application and we are evaluating potential options to
implement the application.  The application will
feature very low bandwidth requirements (under 50MB
per month) and disk space is about 2-4 GB.  Here are
the potential options:

1. Do-it-yourself: Our current DSL 640k-up/128k-down
connection may not be appropriate for a production
server.  Any suggestions about other connection

2. Co-location: We may consider to set our own server
and then find some place to co-locate; any local
companies around? Any experiences in co-location?

3. Hosting:  there are several firms around offering
ready-to-use Linux server, like Dell and 888hosting.
Any experiences with hosting?  Any local firms?

Thanks in advance!

-- Josué

=====
- ABC Tech Solutions
http://www.abcsolutions.org
[Java/Oracle/Linux] [C/S & Internet Database Apps]