[wplug] Any Suggestion for DSL Service for Linux?

Doug McKain dmckain at befree.com
Fri Jan 12 19:16:02 EST 2001

i have speakeasy and recommneded it to several of my friends. their
service is very good, support is decent but 30 minutes to an hour to
get to a tech is not atypical and their pricing is rather high. i did have
practically no service for the entire month of october while they sorted
out some problems that affected only some of the pittsbugh region related
to insufficint capacity. this was really frustrating because if you want
tech support to do anything more than reoptimize your route they are in
over their heads and for anything related to the last mile to your house
they have to rely on the good will of covad engineers. the speakeasy techs
literally contact them over aim. i'm still not sure if thats a good thing
or not. anyhow, on the plus side they give away chunks of ips with little
argument and i really only had the one instance of a prolonged outage.