[wplug] Any Suggestion for DSL Service for Linux?

Rick McKinney rtmckinney at home.com
Fri Jan 12 20:16:56 EST 2001

I run on this DSL router ... 2 SGI Indigo 2s , 1 Sun Sparc 10 and 1 PC running
Win2k ( no comments on this please there is a program that I run on the PC
that is toooo damn expensive on the SGI )

I have the PC multi-homed .. ( Speakeasy and @HOME )

I have had speakeasy DSL 1.1 since last October ... the install was
a bit of a fiasco .. I get a brand new Field Tech that had never configured
the DSL Router before and the poor guy flashed the wrong OS Level
then he flashed the wrong options and hosed it so bad the speakeasy TAC
couldnt get to the router ... so the 1/2 day install took 1 1/2 days cause
he had to go back to the office and get the correct Images ...

but since then no hitches no glitches .. and for the BRAVE SOULS out there
speakeasy will give you the password to your Router ... but they make it well
known that if your screw it up they will charge you a Professional Services
Fee to send Tech out or for them to walk you through the reconfig ..

-- rick