[wplug] Good hubs and what not.

Robert Dale rdale at wplug.org
Thu Jan 11 12:45:43 EST 2001

I use a linux machine.  Those little linksys boxes are far too limited for
me.  Any hub or switch will do for the internal network.

> Also I would like to know if anyone understands and can explain to me about
> Cat-5 cables? How I can make or buy one(what to ask for) to connect between
> 2 comps with NICs? Maybe a like to a site with a good explination and pics
> of how to make one. And most importantly why they are so @#^$#^
> expensive!!!!

I could bring in my reel to cut and sell some cables.  My wire is solid
core which means it is rigid and not ideal for general connections around
the house.  It is meant for, more or less, permenant installations.  I use
it to connect my hubs/switches throughout my apt.  Then take stranded
wires to the actual computers.  (CAT5e also makes for good speaker wire ;)

--
Robert Dale