[wplug] DSL for linux

John-the chicken slayer-Harrold harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu
Tue Feb 27 15:13:57 EST 2001

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Ross wrote:

> Hi
>
> I was wondering what DSL services are good for linux.  I am having
> trouble finding one in my area that has good Linux support.  Also, I
> wanted to know the best way to hook it into my home network. Any help
> would be greatly appreciated.

i'm using verizon. i know that they dont support linux directly, but it
really hasnt been necessary. since they support windows, all you have to
do is get their stuff working in windows. then use the roaring penguin
stuff for the pppoe. the manual for windows is pretty simple and their
tech support is open late (at least after nine).

i only have one computer at home-if i had more i would stick another nic
in one of them and run ipmasq on it. it's pretty straight forward and you
can set it up for dynamic ip addresses by looking at the trinity os
rc.firewall file.

urls

rp-pppoe
http://www.roaringpenguin.com/