[wplug] DSL for linux

thrift thrift at phreaker.net
Wed Feb 28 16:33:29 EST 2001

> On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Ross wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I was wondering what DSL services are good for linux.  I am having
> > trouble finding one in my area that has good Linux support.  Also, I
> > wanted to know the best way to hook it into my home network. Any help
> > would be greatly appreciated.

i'm using verizon DSL, all i did to get everything set up was, I got the
netgears rt314(router/internet gateway) and  hooked it right up to the dsl
modem and my net card, then configured a little bit on the router, so i could
use static ips rather than dynamic ips and tell it i want to use the Point to
Point over Ethernet(PPoE) protocol, and  ran netconfig, everything has been
working great so far... good luck