[wplug] Stuff for sale

Dave Neuer mr_fred_smoothie at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 6 12:04:34 EST 2001

It's not that the KVM switch doesn't work at all, it
just doesn't work reliably. There are situations (like
X probing the hardware, or not having all ports
connected to machines and starting X windows) where
the switch can get "stuck" on other machines. It only
fails under specific circumstances, which
unfortunately I never completely catalogued. Anyway, I
have a display for each machine I have now, so I don't
need it.

Mind you, I've had problems with the Belkin KVM's
under Linux too, just not as many.

Anyway, I wouldn't say the KVM's useless, but "picky."

Dave