[wplug] SBlive

Dave Neuer mr_fred_smoothie at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 6 14:07:47 EST 2001

I'm using alsa. The recend emu10k1 drivers seem to
work well. I hear what you're saying about the
hardware deficiencies, but the ALSA drivers are good
and improving, and I'm not above hacking them if
there's an obvious place for imrovement.

As far as it being a consumer-grade card, I'm not a
professional musician. I'm a professional programmer,
and a hobbyist musician. If it turns out that people
are into my digital recordings, and I get a little
more time and discretionary income, I may eventually
graduate to something higher-end. For now, the SBLive
meets my needs, and is a vast improvement over most
consumer-grade cards out there.

Dave