[wplug] ide burner question

David Tessitor dttessitor at home.com
Tue Apr 24 21:01:42 EDT 2001

The only setup matters I've had with an Atapi ide burner (Acer) is that
on install of Mandrake it is a kernel argument, "hdd=ide-scsi," is
automatically added to lilo.  This seems to make it accessible by
cdrecord frontends, though at times I have had trouble getting the
frontends to work - a problem that was solved on a new install.

The problem I have is that the burner frontends do not recognize my
other cdrom as a read device (it's not automatically set up as
"hdc=ide-scsc"), nor, on the other hand, is the burner recognized by the
cdplayer programs.  If I try using the argument of the burner for the
cdrom, the cdrom is no longer recognized by the cdplayer applications.
While it would be nice to have both drives able to play CD's, I can live
easily enough with just the one, but I would prefer not to give up the
ability to play CD's altogether.   Any suggestions on how to have the
burner apps read from an ide Atapi cdrom without giving up the ability
to play audio CD's?