[wplug] A question about the list.

David Tessitor dttessitor at home.com
Thu Dec 21 21:52:26 EST 2000

As couple of confounding examples:

1) the response I sent nearly four hours ago has yet to arrive back to me from WPLUG
via @home, but more recent responses I've made have. -- That's @home for you!

2) the response Zach made to the above unreceived response also has yet to arrive
(that's why I check the archives before sending anything).  But I did find something
that sort of throws a stick in the mud:

i.e. using thread sorting under Netscape, Jonathan Billings' "Stop Posting 'Me Too's
complaint is dated: "Tue, 19 Dec 2000 12:59:14 -0500 (EST)" but it is listed in the
thread under the reply to it from Christopher Aiken dated "Tue, 19 Dec 2000 16:48:29
-0500 (EST)."  --  These aren't even close in time, and based upon their time stamp
the order should have been correct.  Unless their computers are way off and there's
another hidden time stamp that set a different order, or maybe Chris just sent his
first ... no, wait a minute, that doesn't make any sense...

I've noticed this confounding mix up before several times, too.  I just don't see what
would be responsible or how a time stamp set by the list server would remedy it.  But,
then again I know next to nothing technical about email processing.

Dave