[wplug] A question about the list.

jmh3 at linuxfreak.com jmh3 at linuxfreak.com
Thu Dec 21 18:14:49 EST 2000

And the beast shall come forth surrounded by a roiling cloud of vengeance.
The house of the unbelievers shall be razed and they shall be scorched to
the earth. Their tags shall blink until the end of days.
                                          from The Book of Mozilla, 12:10

On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, David Tessitor wrote:

> While your summary could be part of it, one look at your email address should supply
> the biggest part of the reason.  I have literally received email on my @home accounts
> three weeks after it was sent --- one by Brian Sammon was sent to the wplug list and
> had the directions to the Installfest; I only got it in time for the next meeting
> instead.  The @home roulette should explain why you don't receive things at your
> computer in order.
>
> Even restamping times by the mail server isn't going to fix @home's abominable
> service.  It's been that way for some time now.  If it weren't for being up to 100
> times faster for down loads than a 56K modem (as much as 480+ kBytes/sec. or
> 4.8Mb/sec. during Thanksgiving vacation) it would definitely would not be worth
> keeping.
yes, but you wont recieve responses to this email until it is delivered
right? i dont think the list users are going to anticipate an email about
say diald and start responding to it befor the question is sent. if the
server restamped the postings they would be sorted correctly reguardless
of the clients computer. then you wouldnt have to depend on a large group
of people's computers  being correct, if you were only depending on one
computer(the one running the list serv).