[wplug] Talking about keystroke bindings

Rafael E. Herrera raffo at neuronet.pitt.edu
Sat Dec 16 20:50:52 EST 2000

I figured out how to bind my internet keys to commands under
enlightenment. For who's interested this is ow I did it.

Found the scan codes generated by the key with xev and noting the
'keycode' generated. I've three keys, and they generate 178, 165 and
166.

Next, in my ~/.Xmodmap I added:

	keycode 178 = F13
	keycode 165 = F14
	keycode 166 = F15

This file should load when you start X. If not add 'xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap'
in your ~/.xinitrc

To bind the commands, locate the file 'keybindings.cfg' in your
Enlightenment installation and added to something like this:

__ACLASS __BGN
  __NAME KEYBINDINGS
  __TYPE __TYPE_GLOBAL
    __KEY Home
    __MODIFIER_KEY __CTRL_ALT
    __EVENT __KEY_PRESS
    __ACTION __A_CLEANUP size
  __NEXT_ACTION
    __KEY Insert
    __EVENT __KEY_PRESS
    __MODIFIER_KEY __CTRL_ALT
    __ACTION __A_EXEC Eterm
  __NEXT_ACTION

[... cut ...]

  __NEXT_ACTION
    __KEY F13
    __EVENT __KEY_PRESS
    __ACTION __A_EXEC netscape
  __NEXT_ACTION
    __KEY F14
    __EVENT __KEY_PRESS
    __ACTION __A_EXEC xscreensaver-command -activate
  __NEXT_ACTION
    __KEY F14
    __MODIFIER_KEY __ALT
    __EVENT __KEY_PRESS
    __ACTION __A_EXEC xscreensaver-command -lock
  __NEXT_ACTION
    __KEY F14
    __MODIFIER_KEY __CTRL_ALT
    __EVENT __KEY_PRESS
    __ACTION __A_EXEC xscreensaver-command -prefs
  __NEXT_ACTION
    __KEY F15
    __EVENT __KEY_PRESS
    __ACTION __A_EXEC netscape -mail