[wplug-web] Re: WPLUG Website

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 23:22:37 EDT 2006

As far as minutes and whatnot goes, I could go with Mark's
short-short-term suggestion, i.e. a shell login to the server. Someone
would need to show me where and how to post files, though, so that I
wouldn't break anything.

I'm more keen on the idea of posting minutes to a wiki, but I would
need to be able to lock the minutes pages, which by necessity must not
be changed. Also, it would be good form to link the meeting page to
the minutes, though we'd need to figure out how that would be done.
Perhaps make a place for it in the meetings template?

If we can start a wiki in parallel with the current working system
(which you say would be feasible, James), if that's a viable option,
then I'd cast my vote for that approach.

But that's just my naive opinion at this point. There may be
integration issues that I'm not seeing yet. Would we eventually want
to make the wiki our new home, ultimately making it www.wplug.org?

David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>