[wplug-web] Re: Need Help?

J Aaron Farr farra at apache.org
Tue Oct 19 08:51:43 EDT 2004

> Also wanted are candid-but-helpful-only-please comments on what you think
> of my redesign, how it will act on different pages other than the home
> page, and anything at all that you think will improve it without slowing
> it down too much or making it violate W3C standards.

Looks good.  My first impression was that is looked a little too wide,
that perhaps the news should be included in the first column with the
meeting notices, but after looking at it again, I'm not sure.  Also in
Firefox (and perhaps other browsers) there is quite a bit of white space
at the top just under the WPLUG logo.

> Note that the design I made has only been tested in mozilla 1.7.3, and
> therefore I expect it to work on any browser except IE. I know plenty of
> IE workarounds, but I wanted to get feedback on the design before I
> worried too much about making it look good in IE.

Well it looks fine in links and lynx at least.

In IE, it looks horrid. ;)

jaaron