[wplug-web] openacs production url

Mark Dalrymple wplug at badgertronics.com
Mon Mar 3 09:05:05 EST 2003

> I'd like other people's opinions, but it seems a little awkward to me. I
> can't exactly put my finger on why.

Are you thinking about the 'here's how to add new functionality to the
site' being awkward, or the pageflow of stuff? I'm a lousy page
designer, which might have somethign to do wi thti.

> Mark, does the listing of upcoming meetings update automatically?

Yep.  It grabs the next 4 meeting times based on the current date.

> Will this auto-create accounts for people if they use the login bar near
> the bottom? If so, do we want that yet?

It'll create accounts.  I can turn that off for now since there's not much
an account holder can do.  I think it'd be nice in the future to
support users adding comments.  I'll go do that now.

> Does it matter if we use openacs or apache to serve images?

Either one is fine.  I don't think we'll be needing to apply
permissioning to images we're going to serve.

>  Do we want to plan another planning/brainstorming
> session in person?

sure!  I'm planning on being at the installpest on saturday (I want to get
OpenGL working on a PC).  I've got a gig saturday night tht I'll have to take
off for.

> ie. how does the budding developer get up to speed with the project, and
> find their own little niche to work on?

Hmmm, not usre.  Making a local install and walking throug the 'notes'
tutorial on openacs.org is a good place to start.

Wheee,
++md