[Wplug-web] Is Unstable Unsafe

Robert Dale rdale at wplug.org
Fri Apr 6 20:33:59 EDT 2001

On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, Jonathan Billings wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Zach Paine wrote:
>
> > Woo!! Subject aliteration.  Anyways, would it be unsafe to push unstable as
> > it is?  A user is not really provided with anything as far as services go, but
> > the whole site in general is prettier and easier to use than what is at
> > wplug.org now.
>
> y'know, we need to come to an agreement on how to decide when to push
> stuff.  milestones?  just time?  how do other development projects do
> this?

Good point.

I think milestones are a necessity for any project.  Setting milestones
enforces good planning from the beginning.  It becomes the project planner -
everyone knows what has to be done before moving on to the next part.
And when the last milestone is met, the project is complete.  That's when
you 'push'.

We can discuss the particulars for lain at this saturday's meeting.

--
Robert Dale

wplug member since 1998