[wplug-plan] Social meeting this Saturday, 12/13

Justin Smith justin at adminix.net
Tue Dec 9 09:50:21 EST 2014

I wouldn't have a problem with returning to Klavon's or Games 'n At, but I
do think we should try to explore other venues as well in order to vary our
events.

How about laser tag? When I was much younger, I went to Laser Storm on
McKnight Road all the time. It's still there: I drive past it every day on the
way in to work. It also has an arcade, although I don't know what sort of
machines it has these days.

I used to play Gauntlet Legends in the arcade almost as much as I played
laser tag. Green archer needs food badly! Green archer is about to die!

On Tuesday, December 09, 2014 03:05:39 AM Vance Kochenderfer wrote:
> (Relocating the discussion away from wplug-board toward here.)
>
> Joe Prostko wrote:
> > Well, seems we are supposed to have a meeting this weekend, but I
don't
> > know what we have in mind.  Any ideas of something we can do that is
> > fun?  Maybe we should just hold off since we really don't have a huge
> > window of time to put something together?  (It's also possible I may
> > have to miss out anyway if my dog happens to go into surgery on
Friday.)

> > If we are going to do something, we really should get it figure out by
> > the end of the day tomorrow at the latest so we can send an
announcement
> > out.
>
> My recollection is that we were going to have a social event of some
> type but hadn't settled on a venue or activity.  Klavon's or Games n' At
> might be fun again.
> <http://www.wplug.org/wiki/Meeting-20140617>
> <http://www.wplug.org/wiki/Games_n%27_At>
>
> Vance Kochenderfer        |  "Get me out of these ropes and into a
> vance at happylemur.com      |   good belt of Scotch"    -Nick Danger

*Justin Smith*
GNU/Linux System Administrator

/"Isn't it ironic that the proprietary software developers call us
communists? We are the ones who have provided for a free market, where
they allow only monopoly."/
/-Richard Stallman/