[wplug-plan] WPLUG June GUM, Eclipse DemoCamp

DK wplug at curlynoodle.com
Tue Apr 13 21:15:23 EDT 2010

Hello Folks,

Patrick Wagstrom informed me of an opportunity to host a Eclipse
DemoCamp during the month of June.  The Eclipse Foundation is offering
to sponsor such events in preparation for June and July releases.
Personally, I have only touched on the subject of Eclipse and have
essentially zero technical expertise on the package.  However, I think
this would be an excellent opportunity for WPLUG to attract new people
to the organization.  I will champion the effort to organize the event
if others can provide technical background.

If anyone has working experience with Eclipse and is willing to assist
with a WPLUG hosted DemoCamp, please contact me directly ASAP.  I
would like to get this rolling for the June General User Meeting.

See the following for the Foundation promotion of the DemoCamp:
http://www.eclipse.org/community/democamp/organizedemocamp.php

Foundation sponsorship is provided on a first-come, first-serve basis.
 Also, WPLUG may not have an eligible person to receive funding.  But
we can always try!

Thanks,
Dave Kraus