[wplug-plan] Any thoughts on Shortening the Meetings?

Beth Lynn Eicher bethlynneicher at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 08:50:44 EDT 2008

Letś talk about this at the meeting.

The reason why we have meetings 10am-2pm is tradition. Before we had
regular business meetings, 10-11 was donut hour. 11am to noon was the
talk. Pizza would be the rest of the time unless we needed to return
to the talk due to extended content. We´ve had talks conclude before
lunch and we´ve have talks that go on until almost 2pm. Back in the
day, we´d schedule the longer talks as ¨tutorials¨ where we would plan
to have 2-3 hours of talk with a lunch break half way through. GUMs
would be a one hour talk with informal business discussion after
lunch. I liked having the business discussion after the talk but I was
outvoted.

I would be in favor of cutting GUMs to end at 1pm but we have to do
something about pizza time since that tends to drag. Also, letś count
the number of people who show up between 1pm and 2pm today.

The 5th person who shows up between one and two today owes me a
package of gummy bears.