[wplug-plan] Any thoughts on Shortening the Meetings?

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 16:06:16 EDT 2008

I just wanted to throw this out for discussion.  Its not something to try
for tomorrows meeting, but I wanted to see what other people thought of this
idea.

Currently, the meeting agenda has stuff planned from 9:30 to 2:00pm.  I
wonder if it would be possible to cut out the business meeting if there's no
business to discuss on the agenda (which there often isn't).  Also, having
pizza at the meeting location obliges the meeting host, co-host, and cleanup
crew to stay until 2:00.  That makes for a long meeting.

To me, I'm coming to the meeting because I want to hear an interesting
talk.  I want to help with the meeting because that's what everybody should
do.  But, I don't want to have a big chunk of my day (9:30 to 2:00) eaten up
so I can a 60 to 90 minute talk.

Socializing and getting a bite to eat is great, but we could make plans to
go as a group to lunch, whether its on Flagstaff Hill, Schenley Plaza, Eat
N' Park or Morten's Steakhouse.

Basically, we've planned 270 minutes worth of stuff for the sake of a 90
minute talk.  I think it puts the host and cohost in a tough spot.  Just
curious if anyone else has any thoughts on this.

Mike